Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Swagger...

This week-end. wow. All lower case letters because that's just how un-exciting everything was. The dress was a hit....but it not for the shoes (adorable hot pink BCBG peep toe stilletoes...with a cleverly designed heel and two little silver buckles at the toe) it would have been a total waste. There are a few things to mention...


*Guys protect drunk hoes...why???


*Clothes are out...half naked definitely in.


*Classy has gone the way of real music...and what few "real" ladies there are left in the world may not be enough to bring it back


*When your only options are make a scene or cry...you find that other option you had stowed away and you leave...


*I love my little brothers...to fault. I never knew there would be people who cared about me as much as I did...and then here they come. My own little heroes...sans capes of course :)


*I will continue to do it real big with the eyeshadow and the mascara.


What's the deal with dudes these days??? I'm so confused. And as a card carrying member of the female species I would like to put out that there I'm very in touch with my masculine side... Meaning, I can, and will and have been known to act just like a dude in matters of the heart...and if you think I won't...then just try.me. However, the events of the past couple of weeks have me all slack-jawed. I'm in...awe. You get used to people acting a certain way and then they go and do something different. I'm generally quick to adjust but I'm not up for this kind of flexibility. I'm getting old...I don't bend like I used to.


It's like the more out there you are, the more respect you get from a guy. And I'm pretty sure that's not how it should be. I have my own...a queen working for her throne...just like the song says. And I would hope that a guy would respect that and furthermore be proud of that...and of all my accomplishments. But not so much. I like to take care of myself. I'm proud of the fact that I don't have to ask for help. I don't need a guy. Yes, it would be nice to have someone to take the car in for maintenance (like this week I need an oil change...) or to help bring in the groceries from the car...or to take out the trash...and yes, even to pump the gas (something I just started to abhor doing).

You can't predictable unpredictable...break the unbreakable...take the untakable...

No comments: