Friday, January 9, 2009

Polka dot...

Oh, no...not again...

That's a throwback line from the Animaniacs. See, Dot was making costumes for a performance the trio would be doing in a couple of days. She kept showing them polka dotted fabrics...to which they would say, "Polka dot???" and she would then say ok, and proceed to polka. Until the last time, when she was like...

Ok, ok. I admit. It sounded (much) funnier in my head the way I remembered it...

So, I feel the need to get away. I feel...trapped by Clemson. Odd. Normally I like being here...lately though I feel as if someone is sitting on my chest and it's hard to breathe. I had planned 2 quick trips...one to Charleston the weekend after next and then a even quicker trip to Florida...and after that a longer stint in the Atl. I've preemptively cancelled one of those...no need to guess which, huh? I think in my head I know it would be rude to be in some one's home state...in their city and not make an effort to say hello. At the same time I know no good can come of that hello...and even less good can come of the good-bye that must follow. Especially since it's a real good-bye, not the general see-you-later variety. So it's best if I stay out of the Sunshine State. At least for now.

I am uber-excited about seeing Atl again. It feels like it's been forever since I drove down 85 South into the city. I miss it. I'd move in a second if I could. Atlanta just feels like home when I'm there. I feel like there's nothing I couldn't do if that were my residence...like having a 404 or 770 number would afford me different opportunities than the 864 one I have now. Like living downtown would bring me a different life...being around other young people with the same kind of drive and determination I have would push me to do better...be better. Of course, I get the same kind of feeling from DC...only when I'm there I have to admit there's a little it of fear. I'd be a real, live city girl in DC. A small fish in a really big...highly populated pond. And that, makes me nervous. But I do like the idea of "metro-ing" everywhere and hailing a cab in the district to have coffee with friends from work. And buying a townhouse that costs more than my entire string of educations...even if you multiplied them by themselves...and loving every second of not needing a car. At the same time though, I'm 8 hours away from everything I've ever loved...and what if something happens...then what??? Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. I'd put my big girl panties on and take a plane...and just deal. (Side note, I never realized what an offensive word 'panties' was until just...now). However, it's not like I have to make a decision now...

Let's see...what's new. I'm not motivated at all do do work for my strategic communications class. I am going to do the work...it's just hard to make myself do the reading...and the writing. Boo. I'm also realizing that the I need more to do. As a result I'm going to resume the knitting I'd postponed because there were more important things to do...and I'm buying more Wii games. I figure if I have to sit in front of my tv I should have a Wii remote in my hand to prevent the unnecessary snacking that just seems to go with tv watching in my apartment.

That is all. For now..For today at the very least. I've errands to run and laundry to do...an apartment to clean. Being an adult feels had these days...boo to adulthood. I just wanna play...

No comments: