Monday, January 5, 2009

Like Def Jam and Hova...

So, I'm in the car. The new whip...aka Juan Carlos (this car is a EX V6 Accord...very aggressive yet smooth, like a Spanish guy) and I think I'd like to take a break from the Luda and David Banner and T.I. I've been listening to on constant repeat since I've had the car. I skip to the John Legend. Hot beats...nice lyrics. And then it hits me...this album is the music anthology to that relationship. Damn it all... but you know, like Bobby and Whitney, except without the kiddies...


We ova...


32 days. What's a girl to do??? I'm thinking retail therapy and lots of running... Any and all other suggestions are welcome.

So, the new year is here. yay. I cannot find much to be happy about. Obama takes office in 15 days (YAY) and I'm all about Bush packing his [things] and exiting the White House as quickly as possible. I think he should hold a press conference and announce that he is leaving earlier than planned. It seems that he has mentally checked out (as if he were ever mentally checked in to begin with...) so to speak as this Israel-Gaza thing gets worse. I'm all about keeping tradition, but I think we need Obama sooner rather than later...and by sooner I mean 2 weeks ago. Bush...how many boxes will you be needing??? I think I can take leave for a few days to help expedite this process...

This 2009 thing came a bit sooner than I had expected. In October it seemed a so far away...and now its...here. I wasn't prepared. I'm not making resolutions. It's hard to make those when you are already so perfectly behaved. The evil formerly known as my tooth is gone, which means if I had made resolutions one of them would be to lose the 5...maybe 6 pounds I'd gained since I had regained the ability to chew. Other than that however, I've nothing in my life that I want to change...and if I did, New Years isn't the time to start them. All the vices I have I'll need to get through the next aforementioned 32 days. Something tells me I picked the wrong time to give up drinking... I'm kidding about that (ok...ok...maybe only a little...).

Let's see...its been awhile, so here's the quick list of what's been going on...

*I hit a deer. A doe. A female deer. She killed Bubbles. Consequently I bought the new whip, which I am in love with. Dark gray, 18 inch alloys...leather...heated seats and a sunroof. As Jim Jones would say..."Ballin'"

*I had an infected tooth. It was evil. Now its gone. They did let me keep it...which grosses most people out, but for the record I did toss it 2 days later. It wasn't as much of a novelty as I had thought.

*I had an allergic reaction. I thought I would die. I am quite thankful for Zo, since he rescued me from both the allergic reaction and the deer fiasco. It was Thai food. But, I've eaten it again (several times over...) since then and I didn't die.

*I bought 14 pairs of shoes. Yes, 14. Including Sperry galoshes and BCBG red peep toe pumps. You can't buy class...but a classy lady can buy shoes ;)

*I went to the gun range on J's birthday. Awesome time. I shot a .22 handgun, .22 rifle and .23 rifle which almost took my face off. I loved every second of it though and can't wait to do it all over again.

*R is getting married. He called while I was in line at the pharmacy. I contemplated the following...drinking myself into a stupor, crying myself to sleep (not because I love him still but because even if I don't want him I'm no so sure all of my heart was ready for him to want someone else), driving to Florida...I've no idea what I've done once I got there. What I actualy did was to shed a few tears and then built a bridge and got over it. Even if my heart could open up for him again my brain would live in fear that the next would be the day that he'd change his mind. Best wishes...

*I'm getting A's in my grad classes. Your girl is brilliant...as if you needed any more proof...

*Gram is doing awesome.

And now... I'm watching the Bachelor and drinking my 8th glass of water for the day. I'll likely have some animal crackers sometime between now and the rose ceremony...you know, just in case you're wondering.

I'll be back tomorrow, because...you know, I realized in my hiatus that I need this just as much as I need to breathe. It's good to have a place to vent.

I'm the last of a dying breed...

No comments: