Thursday, August 14, 2008

Class is in session

So, its been forever since I've posted on my old blog and somehow adding this post to the others felt about as right as wearing a prom dress to a baseball game...completely out of place.

In case you're just now joining the program, let me give you the hard and fast basics. 26. Single. College grad. Advanced degree in the works. Nice to a fault. Dependable. Favorite color (s) green and orange (today). Likes: ice cream, carbs, shoes and emotionally unavailable boys. Dislikes: nosey people, people who lie for no reason, people in general really...and emotionally unavailable boys. Life's ambition: To live in a world where chickens can cross the street without having their motives questioned..and to help others. Oh, and in case you haven't noticed-I've the quickest wit. ever.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I used to be this girl. I've grown up though. And apparently my emotions have grown up along with the rest of me (about damn time). I'm a really, really sweet lady. But you probably don't know that, unless you know me. Which, even though you think you do-you probably don't. I got real tired of people "G-checking" me...that is, testing my gangsta. I'll admit it. If I were you and I knew me, I'd have probably tried to get one over on me too. But only once. Some of you fools kept trying me (and still do) over...and over...and over. Expecting a different result. Not. Gonna. Happen. Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I'm stupid. Just because I'll bend over backwards to make you happy doesn't mean my back is always turned. Just because I wasn't there doesn't mean I didn't see it...

So, I don't speak unless spoken to. I don't make friends easy. I generally don't like people. Most females are fakes, fronts...skeezers and scandalous stunts (that's from the Boondocks...)...oh, and they are haters too. All the friends I don't have, I (probably) won't have. My friends aren't people...they are family. And despite the fact that I generally wear 4 inch heels and never leave home without mascara...I also carry my sneakers in the trunk and know that in a pinch lip gloss serves as a great substitute for Vaseline and skirt or dress can easily be tied in the middle to make shorts...don't play.

I am nice. Best friend you'll ever have if you make it that far. Once you're in-you're in. But if you step out, chances are you'll find the locks changed next time you stop by. Life is too short to spend most of it in tears over people who didn't even care enough not to do what they did in the first place. The lesson here is that I realize I have attitude. So? If that stops you from trying to get to know me...it wouldn't have ever worked out in the first place.

"You say you wanna learn? This isn't school house rock...it's the school of hard knocks. If you're the type to bring a pen to a test...then don't even waste my time showing up for class..."

No comments: