Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Win, lose...or draw...

Technically a draw means you both lost. I mean, if you can't determine a winner...then what else is there???

For the record, I won.

Things have been...busy to say the least. I had an allergic reaction about a week ago. I'm not sure if it was the sage (that I know I'm allergic to, but ate anyway) in the turkey or the avocado (that I've eaten before and didn't almost die from...but in my life that doesn't mean much...) that caused my tongue to swell up and turned red like it had been burned. Fun? Not so much. I'm all better now...but that was tough going. K came for a visit this past weekend...and she was here a couple weeks before that as well. Lots of fun. My favorite part of the week-end was when she flashed her ring to the single guys in the bar. It was like kryptonite :) but in a good way.

It's always good having someone from your "past" come to visit. Especially when she brings a box full of pictures that document almost every embarrassing moment from your undergraduate career...from dancing on someone's coffee table in a tube tube top, jeans so tight I'm sure I shouldn't have been wearing them and a "to-go" cup lof liquor...to the tomboy stage that lasted for about 3 years in undergrad (which, if I told people now that I used to wear the ex's sweats and t-shirts almost exclusively unless the occasion demanded I look like I a girl, they wouldn't believe me...). I loved looking back on those moments (the orange hoodie...GSS pinning...I was that drunk???) and remembering that stories that went along with them. She had a few valid points about my personality... She thinks I should not always say what I'm thinking---more so I should find the happy medium between standing up for myself and being a b*^%h and that instead of taking care of everyone I should focus more on who is going to take care of me.

I'd like to point out that this has been a focus of mine for quite sometime...finding who will take of me. But it's most important to me that I do what I've been taught and to stay true to the core of who I am. Who I am is all about taking care of people, doing what I can do to see them be they best they can be...and as a result I feel the best about myself. There is a big part of me that is selfish...I grew up as an only child, so that only make sense that I'm not so big on sharing. But there's an even bigger part of me that's affectionate and giving because I've seen so many other people give for me. Maybe I should focus even more on finding that person who will give me just as much as I give to them...but I'm a huge believer that what you put out into the universe will come back to you...the good and the bad. And as much good as I've put out there, what's right around the corner is worth waiting for. And worth waiting for it to find me...

Peace...

No comments: