Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dead End...

For those of you on the high road, I've reached the end. Let me tell you what's there: a big sign, with flashing lights, dancing leprechauns with Dave Chapelle voices...the sign says "Dead End" and the the leprechauns are singing "gotcha trick". So, yeah...take your detour *now*.

But, for those of you interested in that type of thing----I hope you enjoyed the show...as one sided as it was...

I've written and re-written and re-written the re-write of this post about 5 times. Each time it seemed to be missing something or was bitter or was more show and tell than I'd like to be on the *internet*...so, here I am again, trying to work these words into something worthy of my blog without taking it to a place where it shouldn't go.

In the end, what I'm left with is this... There are 2 sides to every coin, 2 sides to every story but only 1 version of the truth. Now, each person's truth is different---due to his or her perception, but I'm not talking about that----I'm talking about the true story that each person knows lives inside them...that isn't jaded by feelings or trying to save face. When faced with a difficult situation, especially a public one, it can be very easy to get caught up in the moment and start telling your side of the story...showing your side of the coin...as not to be outdone but the other side. But I'm telling you---no good comes from that. Sometimes the best move, while the hardest to make, is no move at all...and sometimes, the best thing to say, is nothing at all. Sometimes you have to live with knowing what you know...even if no one else will ever know what you know...

But, don't push people. You never know what will push them beyond their limits...or what will cause them to push back...

No comments: