Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boys, bring your capes...

'Cause the girls are bringing the kryptonite...

Hey...I'm talking to you...and you...

Somethings got to give... Either we can't be friends or she has got to go. And since I already have my things packed-my guess is it'll likely be me. Even though I was there first...I'll gladly give up my seat to the someone you would rather have keep it warm. I want to see you happy even if it's not with me. That is not however, my first choice.

So, I see you can't keep your hands out of the cookie jar. Well, I didn't take you as the sweet tooth type. In fact, I was sure bananas were your thing. Since this is not the first time I've been wrong, I'll concede victory on that point ans this one too... I thought you were a decent individual. Damn, it is so rare that I'm wrong twice in a row. LOL...good news for me in the game I'm playing all deuces are wild...

I need to purchase some sympathy cards. You know, for these [females] that are dying to be me. I think it's absolutely ok for you to partake in my [leftovers] if you so choose. However, I must let you know that there was a reason that the [persons] in question became my castoffs in the first place. And-might I add-it just makes you look bad. But, to be honest-it wasn't as if you needed much help in that department in the first place...

Boys are stupid. Guys too. And men even. Though I'm not sure I know of any members of the male sex who fit into that last category. I'm sure there are at least a few of them...and if I ever meet one, I'll let you know. In the past few months there have been a slew of songs celebrating what society has branded the "independent woman". This woman is a person who has her own life...a job which affords her to buy whatever she likes...and has fun with her friends...pays her own bills...and sometimes buys her man dinner and items with with to entertain and dress himself. Funny, where I come from that was just called a "woman". No need for the "independent" part. Much less the gang of songwriters who want to sing her praises. After all, it was the girl in the back of the video emptying a bottle of Dom over her head and shaking it like a salt shaker to pay her rent that created a need from women who didn't do that type of thing to solidify her place in the world. And we did that by buying our own cars...and houses...and paying out own light bills. The funny thing about that this is that it wasn't cool for a while. Guys needed to be needed and didn't like the "independent-I-don't-need-a-man" types. But, with the economic downturn that is bleeding America dry, it seems the guys appreciate a woman who does things for herself. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact they are broke?? Or maybe they realized that if they didn't start celebrating us that we would continue to remain unmarried...and if we did decide to get married...it would likely be to a man whose race did not match our own...

No comments: